Understanding them both can help you reduce germs on surfaces throughout your facility.
You may think that wiping down surfaces with a diluted solution in a bucket or spray bottle is a quick, easy way to keep these areas germ-free. But there’s a big difference between cleaning and sanitising. Each has its advantages, but not all methods are created equal. Find out what sets them apart, and how you can get the most out of both in your facility.
Cleaning products are substances or mixtures of substances that clean away or remove inanimate material – e.g., dirt, grease, crumbs, etc. – from a surface. It’s important to note that these specifications don’t include any mention of germs. Cleaning is simply the removal of dirt and grime from surfaces or objects.
Surface sanitisers reduce the bacterial population on surfaces to a safe level. They may also be effective against different kinds of microorganisms such as fungi and viruses. In Europe, the words sanitiser and disinfectant can be used interchangeably. To make sure that your product is suitable for your needs, check that it meets key norms and follow the directions to ensure sufficient product is used for the defined contact time.
When it comes to eliminating germs on surfaces, understanding the differences between products can help you find the best combination of products.
- Read and understand what’s on the product label.
- Look for products with broad-spectrum efficacy and fast kill times.
- Know where the products are being used.
- Firmly establish cleaning and sanitation practices.
Formulation without Compromise
PURELL® formulations are built on decades of scientific innovation, and as a result, the PURELL brand is recognised by guests, customers, and employees for providing world-class solutions. This lets you take credit for all the things you do to maintain a clean, high-quality facility that prioritises their well-being.
Healthier, Happier Skin
PURELL® hand sanitisers are formulated with mild and effective ingredients, so you can get the effectiveness you need while maintaining skin health – in any situation. Healthy skin is a great foundation for a hand hygiene programme.
The PURELL SOLUTION™ leverages uncompromising hand hygiene products – along with our gentle, effective surface sanitisers – to provide guests, customers, and employees with products that work and that they feel great about using.
What does Formulation without Compromise mean?
Our hand hygiene and surface formulations are the result of decades of scientific innovation. Maintaining skin health is an essential part of good hand hygiene, and PURELL® products are scientifically proven to help skin stay moisturised and feeling soft – even with frequent use. The products that make up The PURELL SOLUTION™ give you the strength you need without harsh chemicals, so there’s no compromising safety for effectiveness.
PURELL® Advanced Hygienic Hand Rub
From America’s number one brand of instant hand sanitisers comes a formulation that kills 99.99% of most common germs that may be harmful. It has even been proven to be active against Coronavirus in just 30 seconds.
- Convenient Sanitising - Offer easy hand hygiene options everywhere soap and water aren’t available.
- Trusted brand in Hospitals - Efficacy in critical situations, while maintaining skin health in high-use environments.
- Gentle and Effective - Formulated with the mildest, most effective ingredients available, including moisturisers and skin conditioners.
PURELL® Surface Sanitising Spray & Wipes
Backed by years of scientific expertise, the PURELL brand now brings you surface sanitising spray and wipes. These products are approved for food-contact surfaces and don’t require rinsing.
- Fast and Effective - Fast acting formula quickly eliminates germs – including Coronavirus in just 30 seconds
- High Antimicrobial Efficiency - Bactericidal, fungicidal, virucidal. Effective against: Coronavirus (test on surrogate virus BCoV),H1N1 Influenza A virus (flu), Norovirus, Rotavirus, Adenovirus (EN 14476 standard). Tested specifically for food environment on: Salmonella, Listeria and Campylobacter.
- Multi-Surface Formulation - Compatible on most smooth surfaces including desks, tables, toys, fitness equipment, and more.
Find out more
View our latest catalogue - Refresh, Protect and Keep Going in the New Working World