The information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has signalled that it will take the current circumstances into account when considering enforcement action under GDPR. However, the ICO will still expect employers to take appropriate action to protect information when working from home.
We know staying in touch with your team is your priority right now, so we’ve compiled a list of handy reminders to maintain data protection standards and remain compliant with GDPR.
- Know what needs to be protected. Jot down a list of everything you do not want to fall into the wrong hands and determine a security process for each. Paper notebooks and folders. Company phone. Company computer. Portable hard drives. USBs. Contact lists. Customer lists. You probably have more than you think.
- Use work provided devices to store and access work information wherever possible. Avoid storing work information on personal devices, unless authorised to do so.
- Try to maintain a safe area when working from home to make it easier to hold confidential calls.
- Don’t forget to tidy up papers and lock devices away at the end of the day.
- Make sure any confidential documents are placed in secure storage boxes and are shredded if no longed required. Papers that cannot be disposed of should be securely stored until they can be returned to the workplace.
- Position screens and papers so they cannot be read by others.
- Be safer with passwords
|Product Name||Product Code||Product Description|
|Rexel Momentum||1141232||X410-SL Slimline Cross-Cut Paper Shredder 2104573|
|Rexel Auto+||841-9168||60X Cross Cut Shredder Black|
|Verbatim Keypad Secure USB Drive||1155390||
32Gb USB drive with AES 256-bit hardware encryption seamlessly protects all data on the drive in real time. The built-in keyboard is used to enter the passcode.
|Verbatim Keypad Secure USB Drive||1155391||
64Gb USB drive with AES 256-bit hardware encryption seamlessly protects all data on the drive in real time. The built-in keyboard is used to enter the passcode.
|Verbatim Keypad Secure USB Drive||1155392||
128Gb USB drive with AES 256-bit hardware encryption seamlessly protects all data on the drive in real time. The built-in keyboard is used to enter the passcode.
|Verbatim Fingerprint Secure USB Drive||1109621/22/1156689||32Gb-64Gb and 128Gb versions available. AES 256-bit Biometric fingerprint scanner used to unlock device. Store multiple users fingerprints and one admin|
|Verbtaim Store n go keypad access external SSD drive||6012722||256Gb secure SSD drive (AES 256-bit) Enter your passcode to unlock device. Small, sleak and very light.|
|3M Black Privacy Filter||
|For Laptops 13.3in Widescreen 16:10 PF13.3W|
|12.5in Widescreen Privacy Screen Filter SVL12.5W|
|3M Privacy Screen Filter||956-6491||13.3 inch Widescreen 16/9 98044050528|
|Fellowes PrivaScreen||0993558||Privacy Filter Widescreen 21.5in 4807002|
|Fellowes PrivaScreen||0993554||Privacy Filter 19 Inch 4800502|
|3M Black Privacy Filter||972-6746||For Laptops 12.5in Widescreen 16:9 PF12.5W9|
|Q-Connect Brown Storage Box||648-8548||335x400x250mm (Removable lid and cut out handles) KF21665|
|Bankers Box Storage Box||1510059||Large Grey (Pack of 10) 01810-FFLP|
|Fellowes Bankers Box||01880||System File Store Module 01880|
|Fellowes Bankers Box Transfer File||5373462||120mm Foolscap Grey (Pack of 10) 01805|
|Tyvek Envelope||1717213||324x229x38mm Gusset Peel and Seal White (Pack of 100) 755024|
|Tyvek B4A Envelope||8761966||330x250mm Pocket Peel and Seal White (Pack of 100) 556524|
|Tyvek Envelope||5648087||406x305x50mm Gusset Peel and Seal White (Pack of 100) 758124|
|Tyvek Envelope||5401751||324x229mm Pocket Peel and Seal White (Pack of 100) 555024|
|Tyvek Envelope||5272063||324x229x38mm Gusset Peel and Seal White (Pack of 20) 755024 P20|
|Tyvek Envelope||5839064||406x305mm Gusset Peel and Seal White (Pack of 20) 758124 P20|
|Versapak High Security Pouch||1109562||267x267x50mm Blue CCB1_T2SEAL|
|Versapak Mail Pouch With Gussett||1109563||355x250x75mm Small Red ZG1_T2SEAL|
|Versapak Key Wallet||1109564||230x152mm Blue ZF1_T2SEAL|
With Banner you can...
With Banner you can maintain data protection standards and remain compliant with GDPR.
To place an order, simply call your account manager or to become a Banner customer email contact.us@BannerUK.com.
For regular updates and information, please join us on LinkedIn or follow us on Twitter. Or subscribe to our blog for notifications on our latest articles by adding your email to the subscribe box at the top of this page.