There are more opportunities now than ever before to make a difference when it comes to making a sustainable impact when purchasing printing supplies.
HP are leading the way when it comes to being sustainability heroes, thanks to their HP Planet Partners programme and closed-loop recycling scheme.
By choosing Original HP printing supplies, you are making a strong environmental choice when it comes to protecting some of the world's essential resources.
Take a look at some of the statistics behind HP's sustainability programme:
How HP are making a sustainable impact
Following their commitment to a print sustainability pledge, HP's closed-loop recycling programme is helping to preserve some of the earth's most precious resources and keep plastic waste to a minimum.
Did you know that:
- In the past five years, HP have helped to alter the course of an average of 1 million bottles per month away from landfill
- HP have reduced their carbon footprint by 42% by using recycled plastic rather than raw plastics
- By adjusting their production process, HP have been able to reduce their total energy use by 63% and their water consumption by 38%
- Recycled content from nearly 4 billion bottles and 86 million apparel hangers have been used to produce more than 3.8 billion cartridges
Along with this, HP have been working with the First Mile Coalition in order to help advance responsible recycling in Haiti.
Throughout the project, the First Mile Coalition have been able to salvage more than 325 tonnes of potential ocean-bound plastic (equating to over 25 million plastic bottles) in Haiti, this has created more than 1,000 new income opportunities for workers and provided them with more educational training and healthcare opportunities than previously possible.
There is still more that can be done.
Playing your part to reduce your carbon footprint doesn't require you to go the length HP has.
The HP Planet Partners Programme is HP's committed return and recycling service for Original HP Ink and Toner Cartridges, and now, Samsung Toner Cartridges too.
Every cartridge returned using the the Planet Partners Programme helps to protect the planet and HP ensures that none of the returned cartridges will end up in landfill.
As well as this, the recovered plastic from all of the returned cartridges is currently used to manufacture new ink and toner cartridges.
By partaking in the Planet Partners Recycling Scheme, you are bringing used products into a new life and reducing the strain on the environments natural resources.
Participating in the HP Planet Partners Programme
It's never been easier to get involved in the HP Planet Partners Programme, which provides several clear benefits including:
HP's Planet Partners Programme includes a range of return options to best fit your needs including individual returns (returning fewer cartridges with printed postage-paid for labels or postage paid for envelopes), bulk returns (when using collection boxes to return a larger number of used cartridges) or a premium bulk service (when returning a minimum of 1,500 toner or 15,000 ink cartridges per year.
- A quick and easy process - Choose between various flexible return options and reduce your environmental footprint in the process
- Free of charge service - No matter if you opt to use return, envelopes, collection boxes or HP's collection service, no costs will be charged to you at any time
- A responsible and sustainable impact - All cartridges collected by the programme become part of HP's closed loop recycling process which is the first of its kind in the industry
Are you currently using HP’s Instant Ink service?
You can make a big impact with your used cartridges, as each delivery of HP Instant Ink now comes with a free pre-paid recycling bag, making it easy to send back your expired cartridges after you’ve received your new fresh supply.
Get involved in HP Planet Partners and help to contribute to its' sustainability success by visiting HP’s dedicated page here or by emailing planetpartners.emea.supplies.com.
With your support, we can all do our bit to have a positive and sustainable impact on today’s world.